Custom Dolls, Diapers, Baby Slings and Children's Wear. All hand-made in California by one spectacularly-freckled lady.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dolls!!

Children are the best inspiration for creative endeavors.  Their little bodies bring out the child in me who loved to dress her dollies.  Dressing my own children is even more satisfying.  I spend many nights after they have settled into bed at the sewing machine whipping up dresses.  When they got to the age when they wanted dolls themselves, I turned my attention to dolls again.  I began to search out natural materials for doll making.  Little did I know the addiction I was going to form!  Watching a lump of wool and scraps of fabric turn into a toy with personality is just too much fun!


I am happy to offer custom orders for Waldorf Dolls.  Each doll can be customized to be your child's "mini-me."  Doll sizes range from 12 to 18 inches.  With "skins"of cotton tricot stuffed with unbleached, fluffy wool, these dolls are soft and loveable.  The arms and legs can be jointed or fixed.  Contact me to place a custom order and for pricing.


Here are samples of the little people I have made for some special wee ones in my life:

Ellie

 Tierney

Emma



Aiden


Juliana

Jake

2 comments:

  1. The dolls are beautiful Christina! I had no idea you have made so many. I'd buy one but my boys have the terrible reputation for amputating dolls. If I ever have a girl, I will definitely hire your services.

    ReplyDelete